Ορθοπαιδικός Χειρουργός – Τραυματιολόγος
Degrees and professional qualifications:
- Licence to Practice the Medical Specialty of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Hellenic Republic, Region of Central Macedonia, Greece 2013
- Doctoral Candidate (PhD) Medical School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece 2011
- Ptychion Iatrikes (MBBS Equivalent): Grade: Very Good (6.83/10) Medical School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece 2004
Specialty and subspecialty
- Specialty : Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Subspecialty : Shoulder and Knee (sports injuries and degenerative disease)
Summary of career so far
- 11/2004-11/2005 Pre-registration house officer Nicosia General Hospital
- 06/2006-06/2007 Surgical registrar – General Hospital of Edessa Greece
- 02/2008-07/2008 Medical officer – agrotikos iatros Primary Health Care Center Arnissa Greece
- 08/2008-07/2010 Orthopaedic registrar Kavala General Hospital Greece
- 08/2010-08/2013 Orthopaedic registrar 2d Orthopaedic Department Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Hospital G.Gennimatas Greece
- 04/2014-08/2015 Orthopaedic Fellowship in Shoulder and Upper Limb RJAH Nhs Fundation Trust
- 08/2015-02/2016 Orthopaedic Fellowship in Sports and Knee RJAH NHS Foundation Trust
- 1 year of pre-registration house officer
- 5 months of medical officer – agrotikos iatros
- 1 year of surgical registrar
- 5 years of orthopaedic registrar – 1 year of paediatric orthopaedic included
- 2 year of orthopaedic fellowship
- 8th Oswestry Shoulder and Elbow Course. Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital 1-2 july 2015.
- Glenoid Master Class at Keele University School of Medicine. Mathys Affinis European Orthopaedics 8-9 May 2015.
- Watanabe Diagnostic & Theurapeutic and Reconstructive shoulder course. Cambridge UK 25-27 March 2015.
- 7TH OSWESTRY SHOULDER AND ELBOW COURSE. Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital. 2nd Jul 2014.
- 40th Week of Practice in Microsurgery (Practical exercise on rats and rabbits). Ioannina (Greece) 18-20/02/2013.
- AO Trauma Course “Upper Limb Advanced Symposium”. Patras (Greece) 23-24/11/2012.
- 2nd Seminar of Surgical Anatomy of Foot and Ankle of the European Foot and Ankle Society Ioannina (Greece) 24-26/03/2011.
- AO Trauma Course “Principles in Operative Fracture Management”. Athens (Greece) 06-08/05/2010
- Fracture Management Course on Complex Fractures around the Knee of the Stryker Education Course. Nice (France) 1-3/07/2009.
- 9th International Congress of Sports Medicine Association of Greece and 7th Greek-Cypriot Sports Medicine Congress”. Athens (Greece) 27-30/03/2008.
- Advanced Trauma and Life Support (ATLS) Course of the American College of Surgeons – Hellenic Chapter. Athens (Greece) 09-10/12/2005
- Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Course of the National Association of Emergency Medical Technique and American College of Surgeons – Hellenic Chapter. Limassol (Cyprus) 20-21/10/2005.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) Course of the European Resuscitation Council. Nicosia (Cyprus) 9-11/06/2005.
Memberships and affiliations
- Registered Member of the medical Council Of Cyprus as an orthopaedic surgeon
- Full GMC Registration with full license to practice and in Specialist Registry.
- Registered Member of Orthopaedic and Traumatologic Society of Macedonia -Thrace
- Registered Member of the Medical Council of the City of Thessaloniki