Degrees and professional qualifications
BSc (Hons) MD FRCS CCT (UK)
Specialty and subspecialty
ENDOCRINE AND GENERAL SURGEON
(Specialist in thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery)
Summary of career so far
Dr Constantinides qualified from University College London Medical School and gained his surgical membership in 2007. He completed a Doctorate of Medicine in 2009 at Imperial College and spent another 6 years of Higher Surgical Training in London gaining the FRCS in General and Endocrine Surgery.
He sub-specialised in Endocrine Surgery for 3½ years at Hammersmith Hospital in London, the largest and pre-eminent centre in the UK, under Mr Fausto Palazzo and Mr Neil Tolley. He has expertise in all aspects of the specialty including minimally invasive, re-operative cases, functional neck dissections and en-block resections for metastatic thyroid & adrenal cancer respectively.
Dr Constantinides has published widely in scientific journals, presented at numerous international meetings and is a reviewer for international journals. He has also been a faculty member in several post – graduate and medical student courses and teacher regularly in medical schools both in Cyprus and the UK.
- University College London Medical School 1997-2003
- Basic Surgical Training (London) 2003-2008
- Doctorate Of Medicine (MD) (Imperial College) 2005-2007
- Higher Surgical Training (SpR – London) 2008-2014
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons, 2007
- Laparoscopic Hernia, Masterclass, Minimal Access Therapy Unit, Guildford, Surrey, 2010
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Masterclass, Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2011
- National training course in Thyroid ultrasound and FNA, BTA 2013
- The Royal Marsden Thyroid cancer conference, 2014
Memberships and affiliations
- European Society of Endocrine Surgeons (ESES)
- British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons (BAETS)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- General Medical Council (UK)
- Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)